Here it is when we got it (for free, of course!)
It had already been stripped, which made it pretty easy for me. It has this weird piece of tile something or other on top of it too.
So first, I just got some $.96 white spray paint from Walmart. Quality, folks. I sprayed about 3 coats on it. Let it dry about 5 minutes in between each coat.
After that, I took a fine grade sandpaper to it to distress it a little bit. Not too much though.
After that dried, I wanted to do something with that weird tile piece on top. So I got went through my gazillion fabrics and found one I liked, and cut it to fit the top.
Spray the fabric with a couple coats of polyurethane clear coat. That will dry fairly quickly too. I had to get a knob, because this one was a weird, ugly one that was just glued on. A drill through the drawer and a cheap knob fixed that problem. And you're done!
Clear coat~ $3
Fabric ~ <$1
Mod Podge~ <$1
Sponge Brush~ $1
Total~ $12 (most of which I already had on hand)
Total time~ about an hour
Before and after: